How to create an extra News collection
Purpose of this article
Sometimes it can be useful to have multiple news collections. For example, because you want to coordinate your news per department or because you want separate news sections for your employees and students. This article explains how to create extra News collections.
How it's done
Add a News Collection
- Go to the CMS
- Go to Content (1), click on the three dots and then choose News collection (2)
- Name your collection and, if you want to, choose a picture you want to use as a default cover picture for your news articles. This picture is shown if there is no other cover picture chosen during the creation of a news item.
- Click on 'save and publish'
- Create an Articles folder (1) and a Sources folder (2)
- Add Sources and Articles to the folders you just created
Add a News page
Now that we have created a News Collection, we need a News page to show our news collection. The easiest way to do so is to copy an existing one.
- Go to an existing news page and click on the three dots > 'Do something else'
- Choose 'Copy'
- Uncheck 'relate to original' but leave 'include descendants' checked
- Select where the copied page should be placed > check 'Pages', then click on 'copy'
- Change the name and news source of the page
- Click on 'save and publish'
- Next, we need to publish the page
To do so, click on the three dots, choose 'do something else' and click on 'publish'. Make sure all boxes are checked.
- Your new page is now published
The News widget shows an overview of what's on the News page.
- Go to 'Widgets'. Click on the three dots and select 'News widget'
- Name the widget and make the title clickable so user can use it to navigate to the page
- Select a source
- Set permissions if needed
- Place the widget on a portal page
- You're done!
How to create an extra app widget
Purpose of this article To help your users find applications more easily you can group applications. You can do this by adding multiple app widgets. E.g.: one showing all the office applications and the other showing only social applications. Another ...
How to add news
The News node contains the items that are displayed in the News widget and the News app. You add a new item as follows: 1. Open the News node. 2. Click on Create News Article. 3. Enter a name. This is the name that will be used for the article in ...
News article (Grid)
Purpose of this article This article explains how you can use a grid page to publish a news article. The grid page is nothing more than a different layout to share your news. It does not change its objective. The benefit of the grid view is that you ...
Schedule unpublish or republish of news article
This article allows you to unpublish and eventually to re-publish already existing news (see: How to add news) 1. Goto News in the content node 2. Click on the News button and select articles 3. Select a fat printed news article 4. Click unpublish In ...
News views (classic, hero, list, tile and compact)
Purpose of this article Users can decide how the news is presented to them. They can do this by selecting a particular view. The available views can be find by clicking on the rear icon. Note that these view are available on the portal as wells ...