Purpose of this article
With notices you can display urgent information that's temporary (for example: colleagues that are absent, classes that are cancelled). This article explains how to use notices.
How it's done
- Go to your CMS, select Content, click on the three dots. Next, select Urgent Notices Collection
- Give your collection a name and click on
- Now it's time to add content to your collection. First, create a Notices categorie.
- Then, create a Notice. If you have a lot of information to share, use the 'read more' section'. Give your Notice a name and click on
- Add a category to your notice and click on
- Go to Organization Settings (step 1) and select Widgets (step 2). Then click on the three dots and select Notices widget (step 3)
- Give your widget a name (step 1) and determine if you want it to be moveable (step 2) and/or optional (step 3)
- Select a source for the notices widget
- Click on
- Finally, go to Organization Settings (step 1), Pages (step 2) and determine where you want to place the widget (step 3)
- Click on
- You'll see the following notifications
- You're done. The notice is now visible on your portal (you might need to refresh the portal)
We've now also added category filters to the notices on the portal:
How to use audiences/targeting in your portal
Purpose of this article With Pulse you have the opportunity to offer a lot of content to different audiences. It can be tricky to figure out how to show the right content to the right audience. Luckily, Pulse is here to help you do this. There are ...
How to use One Search
Purpose of this article One Search lets your users search through all your resources from one single control. In the current search control you had to select the source you wanted to search in. This is no longer needed since One Search uses multiple ...
How to use push notifications
Purpose of this article Our native app now supports push notifications. Sometimes you want to reach your colleagues or your students quickly with important messages that shouldn't be overlooked. Since most people have their smartphone with them at ...
How to use images in your news articles?
You can add images to your news articles in order to communicate your story more compelling with your audience. In this article we summarize the different types of images you can use and provide you several tips. Overview picture aka thumbnail Each ...
How to remove language filter options when using a single language
Purpose of this article In some instances, the language filter is shown in news/knowledge base/notices while you only use one language. You can deactivate this filter. You need to do this in a specific order for the changes to be shown correctly. ...