How to publish a new portal
Purpose of this article
You can create multiple portals to serve different audiences. This can come in handy when you have different usergroups and you want to show specific information to a specific usergroup and/or exclude users from seeing certain information. For example: you can create a portal for your students and a separate portal for your employees.
This article explains how to publish a new portal.
Note that creating a new portal is particularly useful when the entire layout of the portal needs to be different. If that's not the case, it's easier to work with permissions per widget/item/quicklink.
How it's done
- Open your CMS > Organization Settings > Pages > Portal
- Go to your default portal,click on the three dots (1) and click on 'do something else' (2)
- Select 'copy'
- Select Organization Settings > Pages> Portal (1), uncheck 'relate to original' (2) and leave 'include descendants' checked (3)
- Click on 'copy'
- Now you can name your new portal, set permissions, apply custom theming and add extra/different widgets to the pages. Make sure you set the right permissions so that the right people get to see your new portal.
- When you're done, the pages need to be published. Click on the three dots, select 'do something else' and choose 'publish'
- Check both check boxes and click on 'publish'
- Your new portal is now published
- When you want to see your new portal and you have permissions to both your default portal and your new portal, the easiest thing to do is to enable the portal switcher. So you can easily switch between the portals.
The new portal is only visible to those users that have permissions to see it.
Purpose of this article This article explains how to publish content in the CMS. How it's done You publish your content or layout changes by using the green button "Save and Publish" Save and publish After you hit the save and publish button, ...
Personalization on the portal
Purpose of this article Pulse is all about personalization. By the end user that is. In this article we'll explain how this personalization works. Personalization in Pulse Pulse respects user settings before anything else. So when the user has moved ...
Activate the new People Directory in Pulse
On July 15th, 2018 we've released the new People Directory in Synigo Pulse. In new Pulse environments activated after July 15th, 2018, the People Directory is activated by default. In existing Pulse environments, activated before July 15th, 2018, the ...
Notifications on your portal
Purpose of this article We now support notifications within the portal. This has the advantage that you can see what's happening across your portal for different sources without needing to switch to those sources. Requirement Please note that your ...
How to activate a new widget in your tenant?
Synigo Pulse for Office 365 lets you decide what users will experience. In case Synigo releases new widgets you can test or use these widgets. Administrators receive e-mails when new features are available. Active Widgets Notice that you have an ...