Purpose of this article
To help your users find applications more easily you can group applications. You can do this by adding multiple app widgets. E.g.: one showing all the office applications and the other showing only social applications. Another benefit of having multiple apps widgets is that it helps you to cater the apps to different audiences. E.g.: an app widget for your students and a different app widget for your employees. You can also group apps according to different goals. E.g.: apps about your organization and apps that include Microsoft Office. This article explains how to create multiple widgets for an application.
How it's doneThe apps widget is linked to a source within the content node. So you have to create a source first. There are 2 options: create a new source or duplicate an existing source. Both are explained below.
1. Go to Content
in your CMS and click on
, then select Apps
2. Name your source and assign groups that have access to the source
3. Click on
4. Create a new app and assign groups (repeat this step to create different apps).
5. Click on
6. Go to Widgets
and click on
7. Select App Widget
8. Next, do the following:
- Name the widget (step 1 and 2)
- Determine whether you want the widget to show on a mobile device (step 3)
- Determine if the widget should be move-able and/or mandatory (step 4 and 5)
- Assign a source (step 6)
- Set the permissions (step 7)
9. Place the widget in a column or row and click on
10. The widget is now shown on the portal. You might have to refresh the portal or use 'restore to default' to actually see the changes.
If you made the widget optional, the user will have to manually select it from the
on the portal
1. Go to Organization Settings
in your CMS,
. Next, select the widget you want to use.
2. Click on
and select 'Do something else'. Then, select 'copy'.
3. Select the widget's location (step 1), deselect 'relate to original' (step 2) and click on 'copy' (step 3)
6. Rename your widget (step 1), add a source (step 2) and select groups that have permission to see the widget (step 3)
7. Click on
8. Repeat step 9 and 10 from the instruction 'Create app widget from a new source'
How to create an extra News collection
Purpose of this article Sometimes it can be useful to have multiple news collections. For example, because you want to coordinate your news per department or because you want separate news sections for your employees and students. This article ...
Activate the new People Directory in Pulse
On July 15th, 2018 we've released the new People Directory in Synigo Pulse. In new Pulse environments activated after July 15th, 2018, the People Directory is activated by default. In existing Pulse environments, activated before July 15th, 2018, the ...
App widget - App overview and WVD integration
Added on 26/10/2020 The apps collection widget now has an app overview. Go to your apps collection in CMS and in the first tab you'll see all your apps that are part of that collection We've also added integration with Windows Virtual Desktop. Go ...
List widget (SharePoint)
The SharePoint list widget enables you to publish data to your portal. E.g. vacancies, open tickets, subscribers. Please note that the common use case of SharePoint lists is to present data that targets a group of users. Create a SharePoint list ...
Purpose of this article Here we show you what the Facebook widget looks like and how you can set it up on your portal. How it's done Go to your CMS > Widgets and click on the three dots, next select 'Facebook page widget' Fill in the 'Facebook Page ...