One Search uses different sources. At a later stage, you'll also be able to add your own sources.
This tab displays the search results of all sources.
Here you'll see all the news articles related to your search.
All your search related results within the People Directory.
All documents related to your search.
This tab shows the Sharepoint sites related to your search.
All the e-mails related to your search. Your personal e-mail is used as a source.
All the chats within Teams that are related to your search.
All the search results within OneDrive related to your search.
How to set up One Search
Here we explain how to set up One Search in the CMS.
- Go to CMS > Organization
Settings > One Search
Note: if you don't see One Search, you have to add it first. Click
on and select One
Search. Select the checkbox 'enabled' for One Search to be shown and set permissions as needed.
- Next, select the source(s) you
want to use. In this example, we will use the Knowledge Base
- Fill the Settings tab
- Go to the tab Search settings
to set languages and to add a source (in this example, we have added a
- Use Permissions to determine
who gets access to this search source
- Click on
- Repeat step 1 through 7 to add other predefined sources.
Adding external search connections
Through the use of connectors you can add external sources to One Search.
- First, create a connections container if you haven't got one already.
- To do so, go to Organization Settings (1) and click on the three dots that appear. Next, select 'Connections' (2)
- Name your connection container and click on 'save and publish'
- Go to your connection container and click on the three dots (1). Next, select 'External Search Connection' (2)
- Fill in the required fields
- Click on 'save and publish'
- Your external search connection is created
Do you want to add TOPdesk
to your One Search? Then please read this article
first. After that you can proceed with the steps for adding an external search source as described here.
Adding custom sources
- Go to One Search, click on the three dots and then select 'Custom Search Source'
- Fill in the required fields, add a connection and add click on 'save and publish'
(you may need to create this connection first - see the 'adding external search connection' section in this article)
- Your custom source has been added to One Search
Adding external search sources
- Go to One Search, click on the three dots and then select 'External Search Source'
- Fill in the required fields and set permissions as needed
- Click on 'save and publish'
- Your external search source is now part of your One Search
Determine the search source on the portal
The user can now determine which search source they want to use within the one search bar on the portal page:
Faster Knowledge Base search
The Knowledge Base can sometimes slow down One Search. To counteract this we've made an adjustment so the Knowledge Base search is quicker. You have to activate this for it to work. You can do so here:
Things to keep in mind
There are a few things to keep in mind when using One Search:
- Teams Chats: opens in Outlook, not in the teams desktop app or on the portal
- Teams Chats: momentarily only shows 1:1 chats
- Mail: opens in web browser window, not in Outlook desktop app or on the portal
- You can determine which of the predefined sources are shown within OneSearch